Friday, February 6, 2015

Eovaldi Trivia



I saw this from facebook and it was actually quite fun!

Nathan Eovaldi was originally an 11th-round draft pick of which MLB team?
1. New York Yankees
2. Miami Marlins
3. Los Angeles Dodgers
4. Boston Red Sox
5. Atlanta Braves

This was kinda easy. I've heard his name since he was a Dodger prospect. Answer: 3.

In what year did Eovaldi make his MLB debut?
1. 2012
2. 2009
3. 2011
4. 2013
5. 2008

Ha! I read this article and I knew his service time was 3.xxx. Answer: 3.

Eovaldi was once traded for Hanley Ramirez and which ex-Yankee?
1. Randy Choate
2. Ted Lilly
3. Jerry Hairston Jr.
4. Luis Cruz
5. Bobby Abreu

Hmm.. This trade must be from the Dodgers to the Marlins. I don't recall Ted Lilly nor Bobby Abreu playing for the Marlins. I guessed Randy Choate and it was right. Answer: 1.

Eovaldi is a graduate of Allen (TX) HS, as is which Hall of Famer pitcher?
1. Catfish Hunter
2. Gaylord Perry
3. Randy Johnson
4. Nolan Ryan
5. Warren Spahn

I had no idea, but to me, TX = Nolan Ryan so I guessed him and it was right. Answer: 4.

Against which team did Eovaldi make his MLB debut?
1. San Diego Padres
2. Arizona Diamondbacks
3. New York Mets
4. Atlanta Braves
5. Tampa Bay Rays

I don't know. He made debut with the Dodgers, so it is more likely that he pitched against an NL West team. I guessed 1 but the answer was 2! Answer: 2.

What college did Eovaldi forego his commitment to when he was drafted?
1. Cal State Fullerton
2. Texas A&M University
3. University of Oklahoma
4. University of Texas
5. Louisiana State University

Since he went to school in TX (from two questions ago) so I thought 2 or 4 is more likely. Longhorn? Answer: 2.

Which 2014 Yankee was the first MLB batter Eovaldi ever struck out?
1. Chris Young
2. Kelly Johnson
3. Chase Headley
4. Martin Prado
5. Brian McCann

So he pitched against D-backs in his first game. He is not a strikeout pitcher, but maybe he got at least one K? In 2011, Headly was in SD, Prado and McCann in ATL. I wasn't sure about the first two, but guessed 2. Answer: 2.

Which ex-Yankee hit the first MLB home run allowed by Eovaldi?
1. Lance Berkman
2. Chase Headley
3. Brian McCann
4. Carlos Beltran
5. Ichiro Suzuki

Again, it is more likely that he gave up his first home run against someone from the NL West. Headley? Answer: 1.

Entering 2014, Eovaldi has 11 career hits. Who surrendered his first?
1. Jeff Francis
2. Matt Cain
3. Joe Saunders
4. Jake Peavy
5. Randy Johnson

Hmm.. If he hit 11 in 4 years (about 3 per season,) the first is probably in 2011. Meh. I don't know. Answer: 3.

Which former Cy Young Award winner beat Eovaldi to hand his first career defeat?
1. Felix Hernandez
2. Zach Greinke
3. Tim Lincecum
4. Cliff Lee
5. Johan Santana

Probably not King since he has pitched for an AL team. In 2011, was Lincecum still good? Answer: 2
I got 5 out of 10. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment