Saturday, January 3, 2015

Arm & Hammer Park

I saw this picture on Twitter yesterday:



Banuelos is no longer a Yankee, but I've been rooting for him for awhile (this picture of him and Betances is from 2011.) It reminded me of my trips to the Arm & Hammer Park this summer, home of the Trenton Thunder (the AA affiliate of the Yankees.)



The entrance.



My Ticket.



Derek Jeter also played for the Thunder before.



I wanted to go to Sabathia's rehab start as well, but I was working on that day so couldn't.



Jeter souvenior. I actually got one of those.



Pictures of famous Thunder alums including a bat dog, Chase. I heard he was really popular.



Boomer and a kid. I love kids coming to ballparks.



A view of the whole field. Looks pretty nice.









Starting pitcher Banuelos. He was 0-2 with 5.33 ERA then.



The game was interesting; benches were cleared from the very first inning. Pete O'brien, who is also no longer a Yankee got ejected.



Banuelos pitching. He only pitched 2.1 innings but threw five wild pitches... I guess one of the reasons is (Gary) Sanchez was DHing and O'brien got ejected so someone not ready had to catch..





Fries and beer. It was alright.



The game was really fun. The Thunder was down by two but tied the game in the bottom of the ninth. They were not able to win it but still it was a good game.

No comments:

Post a Comment