Sunday, October 26, 2014

AT&T Park

The Royals and the Giants are playing game 5 of the World Series today, and it is going to be the last game at the AT&T Park this year. I traveled to San Francisco in the summer of 2009 with my brother, and was able to catch a game there. Tim Lincecum (when he was freakish good) pitched but the Giants could not keep the lead and lost to the Reds. The AT&T Park was so beautiful, just like what people say.

This January, After spending some time in Denver, CO and Seattle, WA, I went to San Francisco (to Oakland to be exact) for a week and was able to revisit the AT&T Park.



I stayed at my friend's place, and I got bored when my friend went to work. I wanted to kill some time before he comes back but I didn't feel like sightseeing (maybe because I've seen most of it already.) So I chose to go for a stadium tour at the AT&T Park.



It was a bit expensive (the Safeco Park was $10) but it was fun.





There were many (loud) people with funny costumes. Later I found out that they were filming a commercial. More pictures can be found in here



Even water pipes were colored orange, which I thought was pretty cool.



An underground bullpen. The tour lady told us that for the Lincecum's no-hitter in 2013, Casilla was warming up in here (not at the bullpen) because they didn't want to distract Lincecum.



A shot from the dugout. Pretty nice, right?



We were able to walk by Mr. Brian Sabean's office and go into the visiting clubhouse. It was nothing special except until I saw..



Harvey Hodgerney, the visiting clubhouse manager for the San Francisco Giants, collects bobbleheads. What an impressive collection! What's more impressive is that he got autographs from the actual players for most of them.



Going to upstairs. It wasn't too cold, despite it was January.



Here it is again!













































No comments:

Post a Comment