Friday, October 10, 2014

Yankees re-signed Cashman

Some of my friends may know this already, but I became a Yankee fan from the moment I walked into the (old) Yankee Stadium in 1998. In other words, Brian Cashman has been my one and only General Manager. Today, I saw a tweet saying that the Yankees have re-signed Brian Cashman as the General Manager so I had to share this news. I'm so glad that the Yankees renewed his contract. I got a chance to meet him when I went to a Trenton Thunder game with my friend. He probably came to see Luis Severino and Jacob Lindgren, and sat in the same section as we did. In between each inning, many people walked up to him, said hi, took photo with him, and asked for autographs. I did, too (well, not the photo.) I told him that I've been a huge Yankee fan and it was my honor to meet him, and he said "it's nice to meet you, too, buddy," and we shook hands. It probably doesn't mean anything much to him, but to me, it was such an unforgettable memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment