Monday, October 6, 2014

Busch Stadium

I am watching game 3 of the NLDS between Dodgers and Cardinals today. Hyun-jin Ryu is pitching a great game so far, despite the fact that this is the first game since he's back from DL with shoulder inflmmation. [edit]Cardinals won 3:1, but Dodgers have Kershaw and Greinke lined up to pitch games 4 and 5.

This June, I visited St. Louis with friends and watching the Busch Stadium on TV (and texting them about tonight's game) reminds me of the trip. I decided to share some pictures from it.



I was in St. Louis just for a half day so did not get much chance to enjoy tourist stuff, but I could easily tell the Gateway Arch seemed to be the thing in St. Louis. Signs were everywhere, and they even cut the grass on the outfield of the Busch Stadium, in the shape of the Arch.





There it is! It was not too difficult to find the stadium.




Right by the stadium, they had this thing called Ballpark Village. Many bars and restaurants, and a huge screen! It was during the Worldcup so many people were watching a soccer game.



We got there a bit early. I almost always try to get to stadiums early, especially for the stadiums I've never been to. I think it's nice to have some time to look around before (and after) the game.





A view from our seats. The game was Phillies vs Cardinals. We expected a pitching duel between Wainwright and Hamels, and it was.



Carpenter who hit a home run off Ryu tonight..



Kids are so adorable especially with baseball caps and/or baseball shirts or jerseys.



On the left field, there was "Big Mac Land" probably named after Mark McGwire. I still remember the home run race between him and Sosa in the late '90s.



The Cardinals won. It was really, really hot in the beginning, but as the game goes on it got a lot better and we were able to enjoy the game.



Stan Musial Drive. It's nice to see those street names after the legends. I haven't taken a picture at Rivera Avenue yet, but I promise it will get done in near future.





Bye, Busch Stadium and Stan Musial! I'm not exactly sure if I would get another chance to visit the Busch Stadium, but who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment