Sunday, October 5, 2014

Horsehide Trivia


I recently became a member of Society for American Baseball Research. It is very simple. you just go to sabr.org and apply for a membership. Luckily, I'm not 30 yet so I got some discount.

One good thing about being a member is that I get interesting emails. Yesterday I got one from Horsehide Trivia. They say they offer daily baseball trivia questions, but no fee, no prize, just for fun.

This was tonight's question and I was fortunate to be the first one to answer.

================

Q. Who was the first third baseman to be a first-round draft pick of the 1970s?

Hint: He led the PCL in batting the year after his major league debut.

Hint: His only National League home run was off Rookie of the Year Award winner Rick Sutcliffe.

Hint: He was the first ever Padre to take Sutcliffe deep.

Twint: He played for the Hanshin Tigers after his major league career.

A.PAUL DADE
(1976 PCL batting title: .363 for the 1976 Salt Lake City Gulls; HR off Sutcliffe 25-Jun-1979)
FCR - Geehoon Hong, Bayside, NY

================

I frankly have never heard of that guy but google helped me find first round draft picks of the 70's and baseball-reference made me sure that it's him.

It was fun and I just wanted to share. Hopefully I'll win some again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment