Sunday, October 12, 2014

PNC Park

Last week I wrote about the Busch Stadium, which was my 23rd MLB stadium (if I don't double count the old/new Yankee Stadium and the Citi Field/Shea Stadium.) I'll share pictures from other stadiums from time to time. My 22nd stadium was PNC Park, arguably the prettiest stadium. I registered for the career fair hosted by the Pirates and the Pirates gave me the ticket to the game.



On my way to the PNC Park. The yellow bridge is named after Roberto Clemente, a legendary player of the Pirates. He was not only a great player who recorded (exactly) 3000 hits, but also a great human being involved in many charity work. He passed away in a plane crash while delivering aid to earthquake victims.




It was interesting that the stadium was located next to water, just like AT&T Park in San Francisco.



Going in!



A view from my seat. It was such a wonderful seat but still relatively cheap. I wonder when I can sit somewhere like this at the Yankee Stadium..



I didn't know what this guy was doing; at first my guess was that he was assigning defensive shifts or something, Later my friend told me that he signaled to pitchers how many warm-up pitches were left.



The best ballpark food! It was really delicious. A nice combination with tomato, cole slaw and french fries.



After the Sunset, the yellow bridge stayed pretty with the lighting. The stadium went crazy in the 7th and 8th inning when the Pirates scored runs.



I took a shot after the game, because the lighting reflected on the river and the night view was so gorgeous. There was a wide road by the stadium so many people came out to walk or to jog, which looked good.



The next day. There was a statue of another Hall of Famer, Honus Wagner. He recorded the second most hits as a shortstop, after Jeter.



There was the Heinz Field right next to the PNC Park so I went to see it, but there wasn't anything special. I don't know too much football but I know Steelers mainly because of Hines Ward (he's a half Korean.)



There was Andy Warhol Museum nearby, too (I didn't actually go in.)



Cool Jolly Roger sign on the crosswalk sign.





I took a cable car to the mountain (more like a hill) and I was able to take a look at the whole city. The weather was perfect so it was great. I could see the PNC Park, too. There were many buses and subways (some of them were free) so it was very convenient.



People waiting for the gates to be opened.



I heard Manny's BBQ was famous, too, but it wasn't as good as Primanti Brothers that I had the night before. It was a bit salty for me.



Brewers players shagging balls during batting practice. Matt Garza (the one on the right) was friendly to fans and tossed many balls (I of course didn't get one.)



Pedro 'El' Toro' Alvarez. It means the bull in Spanish I heard.



There were more people than the night before, maybe because it was Friday. On Fridays they give out free shirts in the home games and I got one, too! (That's why there are many people wearing yellow shirts in the picture.)





A view from my seat from the 3rd floor. Pretty good! (and free!)



When Tabata came in to hit, this old lady opened up at-bat app and searched for his stat. Pretty impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment